Are you a very experienced and ambitious PHP developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn a lot?
We are looking for a motivated PHP Developer to join our team of dynamic, fun and rewarding professionals.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly looking to learn and improve your skills, then you are the person we are looking for!
Requirements for PHP Full Stack Developers:
- Previous work experience as a PHP developer for (5+) year(s)
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization models
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with PHP limitations, as well as workarounds
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- Excellent relational database skills (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB)
- Proven expertise in working with API services (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. git)
- Strong preference for open source solutions
PHP Full Stack Developer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain core product software and databases to ensure robust optimization and functionality
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle
- Build well-designed and well-architected innovative applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Design, code and maintain applications using best practices
- Use Full Stack services and expand our architecture
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase
- Use test-driven development and acceptance testing to ensure feature quality
- Engage other stakeholders around all tasks, assessments, suggestions, timelines, and technical and process issues
- Document components and architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Sharing knowledge with the rest of the team
- This is not a remote workstation.
- This is not a client-facing role.
- 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) – so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary
- Optional retirement pension – up to 5% co-contribution the first year; 7.5% thereafter
Find out more/Apply to this position