- An exciting opportunity for a senior full stack developer to join the public school on a fixed term contract
- Full-time, fixed-term opportunity until the end of 2024
- Base salary from $111,966 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
Founded in 1930, the Sydney School of Public Health is Australia’s first and largest school of public health. We are a leader in a number of research areas, including health policy, the promotion of health and the prevention of disease and disability, among others. Our internationally renowned researchers are driven by the need to improve global health and have interests that encompass the ethical, social, economic and environmental causes of health.
The Senior Software Developer will join the IT team to assist with the ever-expanding diverse portfolio of clinical trials and data activities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- work collaboratively with health research data systems, especially with team leaders and project coordinators
- lead platform development, CI/CD, documentation, administration and maintenance within the research team
- support Agile project management with the research team
- provide high level advice and subject matter expertise to internal and external clients
- ensure good working knowledge and awareness of occupational health and safety regulations.
- has a broad understanding of security and privacy standards related to personal health data
- an understanding of software development best practices
- demonstrated proficiency with health and research data applications and their APIs e.g. REDCap, WebPas, iCM iSoft
- experience with Agile processes and toolsets such as JIRA
- experience in front-end and back-end web applications
- experience with business intelligence applications, e.g. Power BI or Tableau
- experience with database design and management, e.g. Postgres, Redshift
- experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship/work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on a NSW Health site, it is mandatory to complete the mandatory employment checks before commencing in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health Job Requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people living with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh, Recruitment Operations, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Thursday 01 December 2022 23:59