|The employment level:||Junior / Medium|
Please submit your CV and a detailed cover letter explaining why you would be an ideal candidate for this position to email@example.com.
About the role
We are appointing a new role within the GVI Group: a junior project manager who will support the project and traffic manager, and will work closely with our internal marketing teams (creation, content, development, analytics, awareness). Under the direction of the Project and Traffic Manager, the objective of this role is to contribute to the smooth running and efficiency of our marketing operations by communicating cross-functionally, prioritizing and informing upcoming work, channeling tasks to the right people / resources within marketing, and help set up project management tools.
This position will work on three brands within the GVI Group (GVI, Bushwise and Impact Academy) and on two brands within its sister organization, the AVirtual Group (AVirtual and PrimePixels).
The right candidate will constantly look to the future. They will manage the workflows within the marketing team, ensure that the most important tasks are prioritized, avoid bottlenecks before they appear and ensure that all requests have the resources. necessary to produce the best possible job.
This is an exciting opportunity to join GVI as we embark on our next stage of growth. Our new Operations team will become the heart of our marketing work, helping to lead a growing creative and technical team in the sustainability industry.
- Responsible for supporting the effective coordination and completion of projects across the five brands
- Responsible for understanding all product and operational details of the five brands
- Responsible for supporting the prioritization and re-prioritization of all projects and requests for the marketing team (25+ people)
- Responsible for ensuring that cross-departmental projects and tasks are communicated and executed effectively
- Ensure that designers / editors / writers / creators / developers spend minimal time on administrative and operational tasks by assisting in auditing team tasks, results and effectiveness, and taking responsibility for operational tasks where applicable
- Responsible for marketing operations tasks such as setting up and maintaining Gannt charts, Trello boards, reports and trackers
- Coordinate with departments outside of the Marketing team on behalf of those in Marketing to ensure effective lines of communication and completion of briefs
- Use technology to aid in the effective project management of the marketing department
- Help find independent or external support from our network and help develop a broader outsourcing plan if necessary
- Support the project and traffic manager by checking briefs, making sure they are up to standards and contain all relevant details for designers / editors / writers / creators / developers to get going when they need to start work
- Help with file management and workflow optimization
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly status reports or participate in standing meetings as per brand requirements
- Collaborate with the growing Marketing Operations team as it grows and is necessary to find new solutions to business needs
Terms & Conditions
- 2 to 5 years of experience in this role or similar, ideally in an agency environment
- Commercial spirit and keen sense of process
- Solution-oriented mindset and attitude is an absolute must
- Process oriented but willing to sidestep the issue to get the job done
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- A great communicator
- Proactive, always thinking 1, 2 or 3 steps in advance to reduce capacity overload and resource shortages
- Passionate about delivering the best creative work possible in the most efficient way
We’re a multi-award-winning social enterprise whose mission is to create a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We all run our own sustainable development programs in 13 countries around the world, aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To ensure that we truly have a lasting positive impact, we work in partnership with local government and non-government organizations on the ground. Over 35,000 participants have volunteered, completed an internship or studied abroad with us in our 21 years of activity and most have described the experience as “life changing”.
Please note: We will do our best to respond to all applicants, but given the large number of applications we receive, this is not always possible. If you do not receive a response from us within three to four weeks, please consider that on this occasion your application has not been accepted.
Posted 03 Nov 16:55, closing 2 Jan