Our client is a leading online payment processing solution for individuals, NPOs and businesses of all sizes in South Africa. They are dedicated to enabling easy, secure and instant money transfer to online merchants to help them grow, expand and succeed in the digital economy.
They have an opening for a PHP Developer to join their team to meet the demands of their rapid growth. You will participate in the expansion of the existing payment platform and the creation of exciting new features and applications related to payments, e-commerce, fraud detection and security.
The offices are in Claremont, but it can be a fully remote position or a hybrid position.
what you gonna do
- Translation of business requirements into detailed designs for implementation
- Back-end development using the technologies below
- Testing and documentation of developed code
- Maintain integration testing, unit testing and user acceptance testing
- Identify and close all potential security risks
- Code redesign to improve quality
Technologies you will be exposed to
- Laravel & Light
- PCI – Data Security Standard
- Webpack, Gulp
What we offer
- Home Expense Policy for Internet Connection for Remote Work
- Employees are eligible for a bonus after the end of the fiscal year, based on a combination of employee performance and company performance.
- Work from home options
- One day per sprint in free time or R&D day
- Great corporate culture with many social activities and special theme days
- Extremely casual dress code (when on site)
- Free mental health consultations
- Good coffee and free fruit
What you will need
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience
- Extensive understanding of coding, programming languages and frameworks, especially PHP, Laravel, Lumen and MariaDB
- Good understanding of microservices and web API integration
- In-depth knowledge of the software development process and related technologies
- Experience working on large-scale software projects, experience building e-commerce platforms is a plus
- PHP frameworks
- PHP development
Find out more/Apply to this position