Our client, an established B2B travel company, which has been in business for over 15 years, has recently developed a leading online product to meet the demand of its clients which consist mainly of travel agents and business travel agencies. This project continues to evolve with new integrations and technologies, and the company is therefore looking for another PHP software developer to join its team.
Their engineering guiding principle is that helping our users helps our business.
As a member of the software development team, your role will first be to familiarize yourself and ultimately become proficient with all the software in the company.
You will work within a small start-up type team that will fully appropriate the tailor-made ERP system and the online reservation platform.
You will work with and report to the IT manager to design, analyze, hand code and implement software solutions supporting the operations, sales and administration teams.
You will have the freedom to make significant and measurable improvements that impact the team itself and thousands of users.
We are looking for a talented developer who knows traditional coding languages but who is also motivated by emerging technologies and has a real desire to work in a collaborative and traveling environment. You will join the team at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to help the company consolidate its position as a major player in the B2B travel space.
- Support the maintenance, improvement and improvement of current websites and functionality
- Assist the team to test and analyze various API / XML integrations with our main suppliers
- Provide users and customers with timely and quality support, bug fixes and internal error handling processes
How can you help us?
- Provide practical technical contributions and assist in architectural decision making
- Help clarify, prioritize, and estimate improvements and feedback.
- Design technical solutions and develop clear, testable and efficient code for quality assurance with your colleagues.
- Create and maintain web components to reuse existing libraries and code.
- Play a key role during the quality assurance phase before releasing new versions.
- Improve technologies and processes to increase the quality of our work, as well as the time to market.
- Contribute to the innovation of the team’s processes and practices by paying particular attention to the scalability and stability of the products.
- Provide creative design contributions as needed
What do we need ?
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a business environment and / or online travel products
- In-depth understanding of major web technologies (PHP, MySQL) for Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with a proven track record in web programming including demonstrable skills with a strong web portfolio.
- In-depth understanding of the main front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, Bootstrap). You should feel very comfortable and proficient in working with at least one of the following technologies: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap.
- Ability to write high performance, reusable code
- Experience in troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Comfortable working in a small team
- Communication skills, you will work with other teams based in remote locations.
- Work with us to develop a better Agile / Scrum experience.
- Experience with Linux / Unix, Frontend Design and / or Wireframes a bonus
You will have the opportunity to work for a company that is going through significant changes to become one of the leading providers of travel services in Africa.
We are looking for people ready to ride the wave on this exciting journey.
- Full telecommuting is possible, but ideally hybrid work with one or two mornings per week at the Stellenbosch office.
- While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 15 days, please consider your application as rejected.
- In accordance with the employment equity requirements of our clients, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.
Find out more / Apply for this position