As is typically the case with Android OS Developer Previews, the second iteration of the Android 12 beta is mostly about fixing some issues. That’s not to say that there aren’t a few new features, however, the changelog is quite comprehensive for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
One of the most notable changes is the improved auto-brightness behavior, improved zooming with the camera, and there are a few recognized issues that the OnePlus developer team are working on right now.
- Optimized auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized contact error prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental contact
- Added widgets that display key application information and provide instant access to functions
- Optimized layout and presentation of text and color to bring out key information
Convenience and efficiency
- Quickly add floating windows, make the operation more convenient
- Optimized frame rate performance in heavily used scenes
- Added functionality to support customization of camera mode display order
- Optimized zoom experience, make it smoother
- Added graph form to show battery usage
- New support for preloading frequently used apps, to activate them quickly
- Improved response speed when enabling or disabling Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode and NFC
- The camera does not support Xpan and contains stability issues
- This version does not support scrolling screenshot
- The Bluetooth connection icon is displayed abnormally
- The charging icon is displayed abnormally
- Cloud Service is not available (India)
- Camera app does not contain Hasselblad items
- This version does not adapt some third party applications
- The included Google Phone app does not offer call recording functionality. This can be fixed by updating the app in Play Store.
- Three finger swipe down gesture or three finger long press gesture after using the screen recorder. This can be overcome by pressing the power button and the volume down button simultaneously instead of taking a screenshot.
It looks like this will be the last major update before current OnePlus flagships get the final software version hopefully next month.