- In January 2021, there were more than 4.7 billion Internet users in the world.
- As of January 2021, there were over 1.83 billion websites on the internet. Can you imagine so many websites?
- Everything now resides on the web, including healthcare, e-commerce, real estate, banking, the service industry, and even education.
- With the pandemic spreading around the world halting everything, many businesses have moved completely to the web.
- Unsurprisingly, web development employment has grown significantly, providing jobs for 174,300 developers in the United States alone.
- Web development is the fastest growing field with a projected growth rate of 8% from 2019 to 2029.
- It has also become one of the highest paying jobs.
Today, while everything is happening on the web, there is a need for web developers across the world. Every business needs a website to thrive in the market, so they need web developers. This has created a huge demand for web developers. Many IT professionals wish to have a lucrative career in web development, thus increasing the number of professionals interested in web development course.
In this article, we’ll explore what web development is and how to become a web developer.
Web development overview
Simply put, web development is the process of building apps and websites on the Internet. Web development includes
- Design of a web page (front-end),
- Coding for the server side (the back-end), and
- Storage (database technology)
- Integration of the three components (full-stack development).
What is a web developer?
A web developer is a professional who designs and builds websites and applications using a client-server model.
The front-end includes client-side coding of web applications, converting the design to real-world applications, while ensuring an adaptive and responsive user interface.
On the other hand, back-end developers are involved in creating and monitoring the services required by a web application and making sure that the application is functioning properly. he / she must also manage services such as data storage and API for a web application. In summary, a back-end developer is one who works behind the scenes of a website or app.
A full-stack developer is an expert in both the front-end and the back-end. They usually oversee development and take care of UI as well as business requirements.
Thus, the main tasks of a web developer are:
- Creation and maintenance of websites and other applications
- Take a website design created by the client or design team and turn it into a website
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders, customers and designers to understand the vision.
- Specialize client side or server side or even both to become a full stack developer.
For Front-end development
- HTML or HyperText Markup Language is the most important language to learn as it is used to design the layout of web pages.
- CSS or Cascading style sheets are needed to style the HTML elements of a website.
- Front frames: Some popular frameworks like Angular, React, and Vue can improve the appearance of the front-end of applications and improve development speed.
For back-end development
- Python- a language that is considered the most crucial skill required to handle server side tasks in web development.
- PHP- is the back-end language used to handle all the tasks that run behind the scenes in a web application.
- Java- It is the language that is mainly known for back-end development. Java is considered to be one of the most used languages by web developers.
- Data base management- There are database languages like MySQL or MongoDB which are used for storage purposes in web development.
For full stack development, you need to have the skills required for both front-end and back-end. This is because they are needed to manage the entire workflow of the web development environment.
How to become a web developer?
- Start with the basic concepts
- Be user-friendly with web development software
To become a successful web developer, you need to master web tools such as sample graphics software: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Web development services include e-commerce, web design, content management system, custom web applications, ASP.net, and PHP.
SEO or search engine optimization is all about optimizing your website in such a way that it attracts organic traffic significantly. SEO includes practices, methods and techniques used to make content easily searchable and beneficial to readers.
Good content is keyword rich, completely original, perfectly written, done work, and filled with relevant information. SEO goes hand in hand with web design and development, so you need to master the concepts of SEO.
Web development is a multidisciplinary field, so you need to master a variety of skills.
- Practice can make you perfect!
It is not necessary to go through the theory part all the time, you have to practice web development at all levels. After all, you only learn something by doing it. Start by creating a simple website then by evolving towards dynamic sites, you will easily master web development software.
- Training can make it easy
It is the easiest and most achievable way to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful web developer. This is because your skills are taken to the next level with the help of a specially designed program comprising all the technologies and software used in web development.
In addition, the courses are designed in such a way that they do not include any irrelevant material and only the latest trends and technologies. Self-paced learning, enterprise-class learning management system, doubt sessions by industry experts, and 24-hour learner support are other special features of a course. online training.
What do you conclude?
Online training from an accredited institute can make things easier and it is not at all difficult to become a web developer!
Register now !
Organizer of exasperating humility. Contractor. The zombie guru. Professional designer. Future teen idol.