THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: With controversy over the non-release of the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod bullet train, the state government released a concise project document on Wednesday. According to the government, the DPR will only be released after obtaining approval from the railways.
The concise 88-page project document said the semi-high speed train would introduce a new travel culture to Kerala, where rail and road speeds are down 40%. The document does not contain any controversial information.
The project will start in 2025. Thus, the current 12 hour journey from Thiruvananthapuram to Kasargod will be reduced to four hours. There will be 18 services per day. One train will carry 675 passengers. The price of the ticket is Rs 2.75 per km. There will be 480 trucks per day in Ro-Ro service. It will drive at a speed of 120 km / h. An income of Rs 237 crore can be generated through this. Connectivity to Nedumbassery Airport. Shareholders will receive a 13.5% profit share.
Expenses in crores
- Total cost – Rs 63,940 crore
- Land Acquisition – 11535.30 crore
- For private land – Rs 6,100 crore
- For railway land – Rs 975 crore
- Compensation – Rs 4460 crore
- Rehabilitation – Rs 1730 crore
- State Government – Rs 18,150 crore
- Railways-Rs 6,313 crore
- 1.02 crore per km for maintenance
- 542 crore per year
- 3,384 employees
- 1516 foreign officers
- The annual salary of the employees is 8 lakhs.
- It will cost Rs 271 crore.
- 11.53 km of tunnel
- 12.99 km of bridges
- 88.41 km of track above the ground
- 101.74 km of land will have to be leveled
- 9,314 buildings to be demolished
Stations according to the number of passengers
- A class – Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasaragod
- Class B – Chengannur, Kottayam, Tirur
- Class C – Nedumbassery Airport Station
- Depots at Kollam and Kasaragod.
- Ro-Ro depots for loading and unloading trucks in Kazhakoottam, Kollam, Pazhanganadu, Mooriyad and Kasaragod.
Money for a project
- Rail share – Rs 2150 crore
- Land Railway – Rs 975 crore
- State share – Rs 3,252.56 crore
- Public share – Rs 4251.71 crore
- Foreign loan – Rs 33,699.80 crore.